What's included in our services?
All of our services include monthly matching and adding downloaded bank transactions, transaction splitting, monthly bank account management and reconciliations, year-end tax prep, and filing WA Department of Revenue monthly, quarterly, or annually.
Our entry level monthly service is for solo entrepreneurs with no employees, less than 60 total transactions monthly and starts at just $149/month. It Includes:
- Managing 2 bank accounts
- Managing 1 credit card
- Filing WA Dept. of Revenue annually
- Providing a monthly financial report
Anyone with more complex bookkeeping needs, or who regularly must communicate bookkeeping or accounting issues such as how to categorize a particular expense, or tracking destination based income. Businesses which have employees, inventory, or a storefront usually fall into this category. Our full service bookkeeping can be granular in detail and accuracy while still remaining cost effective. Here is a partial list of what is available to our full service clients.
- Monthly or weekly phone calls to discuss bookkeeping matters
- Managing multiple bank accounts
- Managing loans & credit lines
- Monthly or quarterly DOR tax filings
- Vendor Bill Entry and Payments
- Client invoicing and vendor bill payments
- Repeating bank functions such as preparing deposits
- Working with Point of Sale & Customer Data systems
- Splitting transactions into multiple categories
- Tracking sales tax,tips, gift cards, fees, and donations
- Adjusting Journal Entries
- The list goes on, every business is slightly different
A la Carte'
Without increasing ongoing monthly plan costs, we offer several services "a la carte", or as a single-payment product. Turning stacks of paper into a clean profit and loss statement is one of our specialties. But, we also offer many services as stand alone or one time options such as:
- Year end tax prep
- Estimated self employment tax
- Preparing loan applications
- Past due tax return inquiries
- Preparing past year financials
- Negotiating with the DOR
- Onsite accounting clerks
- Audit preparation and more
- KPI (key performance indicator) tracking
- Monthly self-employment tax calculations
- Personal finance budgeting
- Annual equipment depreciation studies
- Lawyer IOLTA account management
- Organizing financials for loan applications
- Billing, invoicing, and tips collection issues
- Mergers and Acquisitions prep
- Sales Tax Tracking and more
Quickbooks SetupWe can move you from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online, or we can create a new file for you on either one. We also know Freshbooks, Quicken, Xero, and many others. Still, these days, Quickbooks is the best in our opinion. For those who just need a little help getting things going or if you need to have your whole accounting system designed, we're available to help in blocks as small as 2 hours.
Entity AssistanceWe help with all tax agencies both State and Federal. We can assist you with ordering transcripts, talking to your collection officers, ordering free forms from the IRS so you don't have to buy them, figuring out what you need to file, helping you with a tax strategy, helping you do the online applications for entities, ordering new EIN numbers, navigating the secretary of state website and more.
Help with past due tax filingsNot sure what your responsibilities are? Being behind with tax filings is very common. So is the fear associated with it! We have the expertise you need. Give us a call for a free phone consultation and we can tell you how to find out what needs to be filed and how much you might be owing right now. We can call the DOR or IRS on conference call with you and help you navigate the phone call too.
Financial AnalysisYour business is telling you the answers, but it speaks in numbers. We read business, and we can translate for you. Some examples of analytical work we have done:
- Business idea financial viability study
- Expansion predictive analytics
- Legal case financial calculations
- Tracking down missing profits
- Preparing a client for a sale
- Future financial projections
- Generating pricing matrices
ConsultingWhether you need a one time meeting or ongoing help, we are here to serve small business owners.
Some of the consulting we do:
- Accounting system design and build
- Identifying accounting inefficiencies
- Calculating your highest profit centers
- Working with corporate franchises
- Ensuring accuracy in reporting
- Linking online services
HR and other referralsFor many reasons, using a payroll service makes sense, even if you are the only employee. We are connected with several payroll service options and would be happy to make an introduction. Use the live chat below to ask or give us a call. You should also read this blog article which will explain much of the reasons why a payroll service is good for you. We also have personal relationships with hundreds of attorneys, accountants, business brokers, and financial advisers. Let us help you find someone who can do what you need and who you can afford to hire.
Book your free consultation
We love talking to business owners and making a difference. That's one reason why for 4 years in a row, Sound Bookkeepers has been awarded the "Best Bookkeeping Business of Shoreline" by an independent award agency. There's no cost for the initial call or first meeting and you can set it up online or call right now and see why our clients and accountants across Puget Sound recognize us as the premiere bookkeeping service in the Northwest.